What information we collect and how
We may also collect information from third party sources, including CMS and insurance carriers, for the purpose of completing your requested insurance applications.
Use of Information
Our primary use of the Personal Information we collect is to deliver a superior customer experience and ensure proper enrollment in any health plans you select.
We may use the Personal Information in several ways:
- RabbittApp Sales: We may use Personal Information to provide you with information about products and services, including health plans offered by third parties. When you submit a request for information via web site, email, correspondence or phone, we will assume that you are interested in our products or services, and may send you periodically additional information and news. By submitting a request or application with your phone number, you expressly authorize RabbittApp or its service providers to call you or send you recorded messages or texts about the insurance products described in the application or related products that may be of interest to you, using automated technology to the phone number that you will have provided. You are not required to give your consent. You have the right to opt-out from receiving any future communications.
- Insurance Sales: Inquiries and applications for insurance products or requests for quotes may be transmitted to the insurance company or companies that you have chosen, or to their respective licensed agents for processing. These Business Partners are obligated to maintain the confidentiality of all information that they receive and to only use such information for following-up on your application or request for information or a quote. We may disclose Insurance Information to assist Individuals in applying for Advanced Payments of the Premium Tax Credits (“APTCs”), Cost-sharing Reductions (“CSRs”) for Qualified Health Plans (“QHPs”) and/or in completing enrollment in QHPs offered in the individual market through the Federally-facilitated Exchange
- Service: If you have requested information or service, whether on our web site, via email, correspondence or phone call, we will assume that you are granting us permission to respond to your request via any communication channel for which you provide us contact information.
- Marketing and Business Development: As authorized by law, we may use Personal Information that we have received from you or about you to solicit feedback from you, including through surveys or to send you marketing communications and promotional material about other products and services. If you demonstrate an interest in a particular product or service, such as by affirmatively clicking on a link about the product or service, and we have your contact information, we may follow-up and send you an email or initiate communication with you about this product or service, and may periodically send you additional information and news. We will not use Insurance Information for any other purposes than to respond to your specific request made through an application for a particular service. In addition, at all times, you have the right to opt-out from receiving any communications from us. See our User’s rights section.
- Legal Inquiries: In the event of a criminal investigation or a suspected illegal activity, we may be requested by law enforcement agencies to share certain personal information.
Limitation of liability
We exercise reasonable efforts to safeguard the security and confidentiality of your Personal Information and Insurance Information; however, we will not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of Personal Information that occurs through no fault of RabbittApp including, but not limited to, errors in transmission, uses of your data by a third party, your failure to comply with your security obligations, and the unauthorized acts of RabbittApp’s employees.